Saturday Leagues are going to be at Douglas for March…and UIS for April…and then Lincoln for May… Plan accordingly.
The next club meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 5th at 6 pm at Bernie and Betty’s.
Agenda items include course maintenance and the north course. Club members will have the opportunity to bring up several topics during the meeting.
And just a reminder, when March rolls around leagues will move to Douglas…
Leagues for February will be back at Lincoln Park, 10 am on Saturdays.
January Leagues will be played at Douglas Park starting at 10am.
It is December. And December brought the cold. But, we’re still playing throughout the winter, so come and join us. Just make sure you dress for the weather.
December leagues are at Lincoln on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m.
Also, on Saturday the 21st, a 2014 Innova calendar will be given away at leagues to one attendee. Must be present to win.
For those who have asked about it, we play disc golf year round!
November leagues will be at Douglas Park on Saturdays at 10:00 am.
Wednesday leagues have ended for the year, and will pick up in the spring.
Also, club members, don’t forget that the period for nominating officers (President and Public Information Officer) ends November 1. Make sure to get your nominations in by then!
In October the Springfield Disc Golf Club will be meeting at 10am on Saturdays at Lincoln Park.
See you there!
August 8-18 is the Illinois State Fair in Springfield. Our weekly rounds will meet at their normal times and places. Saturdays we play at Lincoln Park at 10:00 am; Wednesdays at Douglas Park at 5:30 pm. Everyone is welcome, regardless of experience! Rounds generally last about an hour and a half (maybe a bit longer at Lincoln Park).
Springfield has four courses at two city parks and the University of Illinois Springfield:
(1) Lincoln Park is a short walk from the fairgrounds, off of 5th Street, just south of Sangamon Avenue. There are two courses here–one on the north end of the park; one on the south.
(2) Douglas Park is a short drive (about 10 minutes) from the fairgrounds, just west of Walnut and north of Madison. There is one course here–it is the shortest course in town.
(3) University of Illinois Springfield is about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds, on the south end of Springfield. There one course here.
If you are visiting Springfield, we invite you to join us on Wednesdays or Saturdays. Or, if you can’t make it for that, but are interested in playing the course with one of the locals, email the club and we’ll try to find someone to throw with you.
If you haven’t played in Springfield before–or if it has been a while since you’ve played–we’d love to share our courses with you! We are available at: SpringfieldDiscGolfClub@gmail.com.
We hope to see you around!
In August, in addition to:
Wednesdays being at Douglas Park at 5:30 pm
Saturdays being at Lincoln Park at 10:00 am,
August also holds the excitement of:
(1) a Disc Golf Center gift certificate giveaway on August 7th–invite your friends, or show up for the first time!
(2) a Club meeting on August 7th (the same night as the giveaway) after leagues (so, about 7pm) at the Hardee’s at Jefferson and Walnut.
Hope to see you there!